8.00am – 3.30pm, term time only + 1 week
In order to further raise achievement, we are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner to join our successful team.
We require an experienced Food Technician to provide support for a busy Food and Textiles Department. The successful candidate will be required to work across the Tech Vocational Directorate areas including Food and Textiles.
- Broadway Academy moved into a £21 million new building in 2011.
- We were for 2 years running “in the top 100 most improved schools for sustained improvement in the country” - Nick Gibb.
- “[Leaders] have high expectations of, and aspirations for, pupils and staff” OFSTED 2016.
- “Pupils’ achievement …….including in the sixth form, is strong” OFSTED 2016.
- “….ICT across the curriculum was judged to be outstanding....” OFSTED 2012.
- We believe in the potential of every student and we are on an exciting journey to “World Class”.
- Investor in People accreditation and a commitment to both staff and student wellbeing.
This post requires an organised, flexible and supportive technician who, as part of this role can:
- Clean and maintain the food and textiles classrooms
- Maintain the food and textiles practical equipment
- Assist with ordering and stock keeping of materials for the food and textiles department
- Support teaching staff within practical lessons and extra curriculum activities
- Support selected pupils as directed by the classroom teacher
- Order and arrange collection of required ingredients
- Ensure health and safety and food hygiene standards are adhered to.
For further details and application pack, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on:
T: 0121 236 4476
M: 07921 583 731
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site: https://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/broadway-academy
Closing date: 9am Monday 18th September 2017
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.
Broadway Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.