Temporary Food Technology Technician
22 hours a week, Wednesday to Friday
Term time plus 2 INSET days plus 3 Additional Days
£17,681 to 18,672 pro rata
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated, well organised Food Technician to join our small but thriving department. It is essential that the successful candidate has the ability to work independently as well as with teaching staff in order to support our students:
The ideal Candidate will:-
• enjoy encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people through the support they give;
• have a love of food and good knowledge of food preparation, cooking and presentation;
• have an excellent knowledge of health and safety in food preparation areas;
• have the ability to work effectively in a small, supportive team;
• be able to work efficiently in a fast paced, demanding environment;
Horbury Academy has:-
• ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra curriculum programme;
• a safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
• warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students;
• a number of benefits to offer including an opportunity to join the Local Government Pensions Scheme, personal development opportunities; free car parking and an Academy restaurant offering very reasonably priced, home-made food.
Closing Date is Friday 18 January 2019 at 12 noon.
The interviews will take place the week commencing 21 January 2019
Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in equal partnership with Horbury Primary, Middlestown Academy and Ossett Academy and Sixth form College.