The Hamilton International School will open September 2018 and serve as an international school with a reasonable fee structure offering a high-quality education in Doha, Qatar. The new school envisioned in this academic plan will offer an international curriculum by delivering the NCE, with IPC for England; Wales, as well as GCSE. In addition to the choice of the GCSE, the school will offer Edexcel Level 3 National BTEC qualifications in a selected range of
subjects, such as Travel and Tourism, Sport, Performing Arts and Music, Hospitality and Creative Media Production.
The Hamilton International School will have a distinct character based on ‘inclusion’ and ‘maximum choice.’ At all stages, it in envisaged that students will play a central role in their learning through exercising choice and evaluating their own progress. This might be choice of learning activity, choice of project work, choice of play, choice of courses, programmes, subjects or qualification type. ISP believe that offering wide choice ensures students’ needs are best met and interest and, therefore, engagement levels are high.
A wide range of GCSE options will be offered, which provide breadth and balance in terms of Arts, Science and practical subjects. ISP recognize that some students may be interested in applied professional learning courses and so will offer BTEC Level 3 qualifications in specific subjects to provide wider study options at KS 5
Reporting to the Group Director of Schools, Middle East.
The Principal will take overall responsibility for the leadership, organization and management of The Hamilton International School to ensure delivery of:
- A strategic vision and inspiring leadership across the school
- A plan for the growth of pupil numbers including the expansion of international students
- The achievement of the agreed Development Plan for the next 3–5 years
- An excellent learning environment clearly showing a commitment to effective learning opportunities and a learning environment which meets the needs of students, staff and the expectations of parents.
- Bachelor’s degree and Qualified Teacher Status
- Master’s degree in Education (desirable but not essential)
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience of the British national curriculum.
- Overseas teaching experience, Middle East preferred
- Start-up school experience
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience as an outstanding teacher.
For details of how to apply please visit the LSC Education website at www.lsceducation.com or email Liz Gibbs on email@example.com