French language teacher at the European School Copenhagen
Would you like to be involved in shaping and developing a new and exciting international school environment and teach at a European School?
About the school:
European School Copenhagen (ESCPH) is a public, international school under the Municipality of Copenhagen and the first of its kind in Denmark. The school is a department of the internationally-renowned Sankt Annæ Gymnasium.
ESCPH opened in August 2014 with four Primary classes in an English and a Danish language section. Today the school has 15 classes from grade 0-5 in Primary and grade 1-2 in Secondary. In the coming school year, we will open further classes in Secondary and a new French language section. When the school is fully phased in, the school will have nearly 1,000 pupils.
ESCPH is an accredited school within the established European School system and as such offers a European education combining the rigorous educational requirements for European Schools with Danish pedagogy and working guidelines.
In October 2018, the school moved into a brand new state-of-the-art school building in the Carlsberg City District of Copenhagen, a few stops from Copenhagen central station.
The mission of the European Schools is to provide a multilingual and multicultural education for nursery, primary and secondary pupils. French is offered as a first foreign language (L2) to pupils in our English and Danish language sections in Primary 1-5, and we are seeking a French language teacher to teach this age group.
- 1 permanent, full time position as a French as a second language teacher in the Primary department of the European School Copenhagen
- Teaching qualification is essential
- Fluent French speaker / mother tongue proficiency
- Good knowledge of English, which is the common language at the school
- Proven experience in teaching the relevant age group – age 6-11
- Outstanding commitment and ability to engage students and assist them in developing their social, creative and academic skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in international or intercultural education
- Proficient IT skills
- Experience in language acquisition (French as a second language or additional language)
- Proactive attitude to school development
- A dynamic work environment where you can participate in the development of our school
- A management culture of cooperation, dialogue and trust, and inclusion of employees and parents
- Motivated and committed parents
- Dedicated colleagues from many different countries
- Training opportunities
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with relevant collective agreements.
The City of Copenhagen perceives diversity as a resource and appreciates that each employee contributes with his or her particular background, personality, competences and skills.
For more information about the school, please visit: www.escph.dk. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Head of Primary Hanne Schmidt, tel. +45 24 78 23 02, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please address your application to Head of Primary Hanne Schmidt and submit it online via the link below.
Click here to apply
The application deadline is Sunday 17 February 2019.
Job start: 1 April 2019.
If you have trouble answering some of the standard questions in Danish, please see the attached PDF for an English translation or send an email to email@example.com.
(photos below: Adam Mørk & Hampus Berndtson)