Full Time Band 5 Level Speech and Language Therapist (early Band 6 SaLTs are also invited to apply)
Location: South West London (Earlsfield).
Hours: Full time 40 weeks per year (paid school holidays)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Band 5 (negotiable)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Band 5 – early Band 6 level Speech and Language Therapist to work as part of our Therapy team in an independent primary special school. This post would suit an individual who already has experience of working as a paediatric therapist, and/or experience working in a school setting, specifically with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders and/or complex needs. Interest and/or experience in developing social-emotional skills in children as a special interest area is desirable. All Band 5 therapists receive weekly supervision and, if needed, full support to complete the RCSLT NQT framework. You will work in close partnership with other Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, educational staff and families/carers to help the pupils reach their full potential.
The school offers attractive incentives and benefits to their employees.
· To manage a caseload of children with a range of speech, language and communication needs relating to ASD, global developmental delay, and other conditions
- To complete comprehensive assessments for each pupil on your caseload in order to determine their individual speech, language and communication needs
- To plan, deliver and evaluate 1:1 and group evidence based therapy programmes to develop skills in receptive/expressive spoken language, attention and listening, social communication, AAC and other areas where appropriate
- To develop effective working relationships with school staff and liaise regularly regarding implementation of programmes and strategies across the school environment.
- HCPC registered Speech and Language Therapist
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
For an informal discussion or if you wish to apply please contact:
Ellenore Stewart (Head of Therapy)