Vinschool is seeking dynamic, dedicated and experienced full-time covering teachers of English as a Second Language to join our international teaching team.
Monday to Friday
7.40 to 11.40
1 hour lunch break
12.40 to 16.40
Plan, prepare and deliver emergency cover lessons (e.g. sick leave)
Plan, prepare and deliver pre-arranged cover lessons for colleagues on approved leave
When no cover is needed, FT cover teachers must design 3 lesson plans (including materials) per working day. These need to be shared with ESL Coordinators within two days.
When covering 1 to 2 periods a day, FT cover teachers must design 2 lesson plans (including materials) per working day. These need to be shared with ESL Coordinators within two days.
When covering 3 to 4 periods a day, FT cover teachers must design 1 lesson plan (including materials) per working day. These need to be shared with ESL Coordinators within two days.
When covering more than 4 periods a day, FT cover teachers are not required to design lesson plans.
All lessons plans and materials designed and used for emergency covers must be shared with ESL coordinators within 2 days.
ESL Coordinators may require FT Cover Teachers to perform other developmental work (e.g. creating tests) instead of lesson planning tasks.
FT Cover Teachers will be responsible for handling all administrative duties of the classes they are covering (e.g. completing lesson records, marking tests and inputting grades onto the system etc.)
- Non-Teaching Duties (attending meetings, training sessions, CPD etc.) : one Saturday morning per month in average.
- Minimum qualifications: CELTA, TESOL from Trinity and/or PGCE.
- Preferred qualifications: Ideally with a YL extension (CELT-YL, IH CYLT and/or a TYLEC)
- Teaching experience with YLs: 1+ year in schools and/or 2+ years in language centers
- Teaching experience with Teens: 1+ year in schools and/or 2+ years in language centers
- Lesson Planning and Teaching Delivery: at least VSC-accomplished level 1
DBS/Police Background Certificate (or equivalent) – additional background screening may be required in accordance with child protection and safeguarding expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
• Native level English speaker
• Strong presentation, communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Competency in class management, time management, interpersonal relations and team work.
• Adaptable, patient, flexible, devoted and positive outlook.
Salary based on qualifications and experience, starting from $2000 NET.
FT Cover Teacher end-of-contract (not performance-related) completion bonus: equivalent to a month salary net.
Bonus will be received in full at the term of the contract, provided the ST is not disciplined during that period.
One written warning: loss of 25% of completion bonus
Two written warnings: loss of 50% of completion bonus
Three written warning: no completion bonus/early termination
1st week at hotel
International health insurance
Paid holidays and summer payment.