Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Secondary School Teacher to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a local Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) School in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. This will be a full-time position starting from April 2018 until July 2018.
The desired Teacher’s role will be a mixture of teaching a tutor group with limited communication, low ability and sometimes challenging behaviour and also teaching Science across Key Stage Three (KS3) and Key Stage Four (KS4). The majority of the curriculum plans should be in place and the role will include assessment and potentially some tweaking of the planning. Whilst a Science Specialist is preferred for this role, this isn’t essential due to the work being planned and in place already. The most important thing is that the ideal Teacher has experience of teaching students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and has a passion for supporting pupils with complex needs.
The large Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) School in Cambridge has an outstanding reputation for supporting children with complex and additional needs. The school has state of the art specialist facilities including a swimming pool, school gym and explore room. The school prides itself for providing an individualised learning experience for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and forging strong partnerships with parents.
To be considered for the position as Secondary School Teacher, specialising within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), you must:
· Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), or an instructor tutor qualification like Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
· Have experience teaching children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
· Have a passion for teaching and possess the ability to plan and deliver inspiring and engaging lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD) practitioners
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Secondary School Teacher, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Secondary School Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk