The Sunrise Adult Training Centre invites applications for the post of Functional Life Skills Instructor
(Fixed Term Contract – up to 1 Year)
The post holder will facilitate the development of the functional life skills of adults with a wide range of disabilities through the provision of appropriately differentiated functional literacy and numeracy instruction.
*Required qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education is preferred or a combination of training and experience in a closely related fields.
- Formal teacher training/qualifications with a minimum of 2 years post-degree professional experience in a similar post with a demonstrated track record of successful teaching and learning.
- Prior experience of teaching in an secondary school or adult setting with emphasis on activity-based approaches with differentiation for persons with a broad range of disabilities.
- Training in alternative communication systems, such as American Sign Language (ASL), Makaton, adaptive communication devices, switches, choice-boards, etc., would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of age and skill appropriate software and ICT options, to facilitate teaching and learning in adults with Special Education Needs.
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents
A pre-employment drug screen and a Police Records check are conditions of employment.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs. Please send your completed Government Application Form and Cover Letter only via e-mail to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 22 December, 2017