Functional Skills and Employability Tutors – Traineeships and Apprenticeships - £27 per hour various days and times
Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) recently judged by Ofsted Inspection as “officially good and on our way to outstanding” is the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest in the country. We offer a large and diverse programmes of further education qualification courses and employer-based training as well as extensive community based provision. We have a diverse, enthusiastic student community, taught and supported by well qualified, dedicated staff. Our three main centers in Westminster are all modern, easily accessible and purpose built, offering high quality teaching and learning facilities.
We are looking for experienced and qualified Functional Skills tutors to deliver Maths, English and Employability skills to unemployed adult learners (19+) in and around London. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessments across our traineeship and apprenticeship programmes with opportunities to support learners and develop your skills across the service.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to the trainees and/or apprentices, ensuring they are challenged and complete their work in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering Functional Skills and employability sessions to trainees in line with awarding body requirements
- Carrying out initial interviews of prospective learners with curriculum staff
- Delivering the initial and diagnostic assessment as part of the learners induction
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports
- Liaising with the Functional Skills curriculum team to ensure quality is maintained
- Ensuring all documentation i.e. portfolios are completed to a satisfactory level
- Support of our online functional skills delivery program
We offer excellent employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development
If you are interested in applying, please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form that can be found on our website
Job descriptions can be found linked below the advert, click on the link to the role that you are interested in and ensure your personal statement reflects the requirements listed in person specification for that role: www.waes.ac.uk/vacancies
Please quote reference number: ED/WAES/790 in all correspondence
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 28 February 2018
Interviews will be held w/b 5 March 2018
Please note, this post may close earlier, should suitable candidates be found.