• To ensure the health, safety and welfare of pupils, staff and visitors is maintained at all times in line with the school’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures and other associated policies, procedures and guidance.
• To follow a timetable according to the rota drawn up by the Leadership Team, including work with EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils.
• To supervise the activities of individuals or groups of pupils as directed by the Head of Games.
• To assist in the supervision of pupils in Breakfast Club and After School Club as directed by the Wrap Around Care Coordinator.
• To contribute to classroom displays and those in communal areas as directed. Ensure they are regularly updated, reflecting topics being covered in the curriculum.
• To attend staff meetings unless on duty.
• To attend assemblies.
• To join in with and be supportive to events and activities taken place within the school including the pupils’ trips and residential visits in Key Stage 1 and 2.
• To be aware and supportive of the school’s ethos; its foundation is based on Christian principles but there must be tolerance and understanding between people of different faiths, cultures and backgrounds.
• To provide support to the School Office with takes such as answering the telephone, dealing with enquires from pupils, parents and visitors, filing, photocopying, shredding and the distribution of post and parcels.
• To assist the Site Manager with the setup of equipment and furniture across the site.
• To acknowledge that all the staff is a team which co-operates and supports each other to ensure the smooth running of the school.
Working with Pupils
• To supervise the activities of individual or groups of pupils both in and out of the classroom.
• To establish and promote positive professional relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
• To promote the inclusion of all pupils within the classroom and school.
• To effectively communicate the work set by the form teacher to the pupils and ensure that the pupils are aware of the teacher’s and your own expectations.
• To encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others to ensure all pupils are engaged on the set task.
• To respond knowledgably to any questions from pupils about process and procedures.
• To observe and report on pupil performance.
• To promote social and emotional development of pupils.
• To report any concerns regarding a pupil immediately.
• To provide comfort care in case of minor accident and report serious incidents to the Deputy Head and Business Manager.
Other Professional Requirements
• To attend school and participate during staff INSET days as required by the Headmaster.
• To participate in the school appraisal programme and be prepared to develop professional and personal skills to achieve agreed targets.
• To take responsibility for your own professional development by attending relevant courses and providing feedback to other staff in the department.
• To keep up to date with current educational ideas
• To promote the school at Open Mornings.
• To maintain confidentiality at all times and observe the Data Protection guidelines.
• To undertake any reasonable duties required by the line manager.
• To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Headmaster or Business Manager.
• This job description describes responsibilities, as they are currently required. It is anticipated duties will change over time and the job description may need to be reviewed in the future.