We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and highly-motivated Gap Student to work in our busy prep school based in Belgravia, London. The School caters for pupils between 2 – 11 years old and has a warm, supportive environment with a traditional British foundation, but a modern and international outlook. We are looking for someone interested in a career in the education sector, and keen to build up valuable work experience.
The ideal candidate will be an organised, enthusiastic and a hard-working team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience is not required but we are looking for someone passionate about education who would like to gain some hands on experience in a school environment. This is a term time only position.
Key responsibilities include:
• Providing day to day support to teachers in a classroom environment
• Supporting the PE and Games staff in lessons, games and clubs
• Involvement in occasional trips when required
• Providing general administrative support when necessary
• Assisting with park duties, lunch duties and walkovers between our two School buildings
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to work both independently, flexibly and as part of a team
• The ability to work well under pressure
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.