General Technician - Science
Lilian Baylis Technology School
- Quick apply
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Apply by:
- 6 November 2017
Term time only Pt 18-21 £11.80ph based on 35 hours per week
for 39 weeks is £18,222.60 (gross)
Required to start as soon as possible.Technician will assist to:
- Meet the practical requirements of the curriculum
- Plan technical support for lessons
- Prepare equipment and materials for teaching
Candidates must have excellent making skills with a wide range of materials, be able to use equipment safely, have good IT skills and must understand that daily duties includes 'clearing up'.
Application forms must be complete online by 9am Monday 6th November 2017.
The successful candidate will be required to abide by the school policy for safeguarding children including an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.
About Lilian Baylis Technology School
- Lilian Baylis Technology School
- 323 Kennington Lane
- SE11 5QY
- United Kingdom
Educate. Empower. Excel.
At LBTS we aim to EMPOWER and EDUCATE students to enable them to EXCEL as young citizens who practise the core values of the school: Achievement, Aspiration, Resilience, Responsibility and Respect.
As part of this vision, we are committed to constantly evaluating what we do, in order to develop, deliver and embed:
- A world class KNOWLEDGE BASED CURRICULUM that is inclusive of diverse experiences and histories, enabling students to realise their ASPIRATIONS
- CONSISTENTLY EXCELLENT TEACHING, based on research-led approaches, showing measurable impact on the ACHIEVEMENT of ALL students
- STUDENT HAPPINESS & RESILIENCE, formed from a strong focus on promoting wellbeing, self-confidence and healthy choices through our Personal Development curriculum
- Opportunities for students to better understand and tackle discrimination, empowering them to be champions of SOCIAL JUSTICE and RESPECT
- A FIRST CHOICE community school for local families, including by promoting the RESPONSIBILITY of all members of the school to to make a positive contribution to it, both now and in the future.
OfSTED 2023 Stated:
“The school’s motto to ‘educate, empower and excel’ provides the inspiration behind the school’s curriculum. Leaders are determined that all pupils have the tools to read, question and have a personal view on contemporary and academic issues.”
“This is a very happy and caring school. Leaders know pupils and their families well. One pupil, typical of many, described the school as ‘home.’"
“Leaders have created a broad and highly ambitious curriculum which provides pupils with the knowledge and skills they need for their next steps."
“Leaders work hard to remove any barriers to learning so that all pupils can be successful. All pupils excel and flourish here. Pupils are safe.”
“Leaders provide a curriculum that is broad and ambitious. Across the curriculum, the breadth of coverage far exceeds the expectations of the national curriculum.”
“Leaders are robust in their checks on pupils’ attendance and follow up any absences swiftly. All pupils, including pupils with SEND are taught the same ambitious curriculum.”
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.