We seek to appoint an ambitious, enthusiastic and well-qualified Subject Leader of Geography, with a real passion for teaching and learning. Our Humanities Department is of central importance to our progress as a school, as we strive to create an outstanding team and ethos within The Buckingham School.
We are looking for an innovative and committed classroom practitioner, who can teach and lead outstanding KS3, KS4 & KS5 Geography and is committed to raising achievement and delivering excellent teaching and learning.
- have excellent subject knowledge
- achieve outstanding student attainment outcomes
- possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
You will have the opportunity to:
- teach in a strong and dynamic team of Humanities teachers
- be involved in the design and development of the Geography curriculum.
This is an exciting period to join The Buckingham School and our students are looking for a teacher with passion, drive and creativity
In return we will offer you:
- a professional and supportive team
- a personalised approach to professional development, with exceptional CPD opportunities
- a role in a school that has a clear vision and is on the road to outstanding
- students with a positive attitude and a willingness to succeed
- a supportive and inclusive staff environment.
The full Job Description is attached or you can download it from our website via the Apply link. Please send a letter of application along with the completed application form, giving full contact details of two recent, relevant professional referees (one of which is your current Headteacher) to: Mr Andy McGinnes, Headteacher, The Buckingham School, London Road, Buckingham, MK18 1AT or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon on Thursday ,26th September 2019
Interview date: Tuesday, 1st October 2019
Interested applicants are welcome to visit the school by appointment in advance of the interview date, please contact Mrs Alison Allen to arrange this on 01280 818920.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also committed in promoting community cohesion, healthy school and young enterprise.