Azerbaijan British College (ABC) is an independent, secular, coeducational, British-style through-school located in the beautiful capital city Baku, on the shore of the Caspian Sea. Lonely Planet describes Baku as ‘the love child of Paris and Dubai’, stating ‘Few cities in the world are changing so quickly and nowhere else in the Caucasus do East and West blend so seamlessly’. ABC is a flagship school, teaching the British National Curriculum to local and expatriate children. ABC is accredited by the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan, are a member of the Council for British International Schools (COBIS) and a fully accredited member of the Council for International Schools (CIS). We are licensed to offer a range of qualifications from the two largest International Examination Boards, Cambridge International Assessment (CIA) and Edexcel.
To find out more about ABC visit:
Due to a growing roll we seek to appoint passionate and motivated KS3, IGCSE and A-level Geography Teacher to join our team who will be responsible for creating an educational atmosphere where our students have the opportunity to fulfil their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, social and psychological growth. Our motto is ‘Explore to Achieve’. Teachers are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the daily instructional programme that results in our students exceeding their expectations.
- Native level speaker of English.
- Strong curriculum understanding.
- Strong subject area knowledge.
- A ‘can do’ approach to work and a strong work ethic.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and students.
- A minimum of 2 years experience and a recognized teaching qualification.
- The ability to form and maintain good working relations with colleagues.
- The desire to build a strong subject.
- PGCE or recognized teaching qualification/license.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- CAIE, Edexcel or other UK examination board experience
- Two or more years of relevant international experience
- Experience of COIS and COBIS accreditation
- ICT literacy
This position attracts a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation allowance, medical insurance and annual return flights. The school has a growing roll, small class sizes, excellent facilities and generous holidays. Baku is a wonderful city, with a low cost of living, safe streets, and friendly locals. English is widely spoken and there is a vibrant outdoor social life. It is possible to make significant savings while you work here and there are excellent air, road and rail connections to other countries.
Interested candidates should apply by sending in a CV and letter of application by the 30th of May 2021 to HR@abc.edu.az . We reserve the right to interview and offer before the closing date. If you feel you are suitable, we urge you to apply early.
The position is subject to DBS/Police checks and satisfactory references.
Azerbaijan British College
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years