Required from September 2018
€23,700 - €32,300 depending on experience + generous annual holidays and fee reduction for staff children
The Junior & Senior School is a not-for-profit International school for children aged 2-19, situated on two sites in the capital of Cyprus, Nicosia. Our students are drawn from the local population (60%) and increasingly from the international community (40%). We follow a largely UK curriculum with some elements of IPC and prepare our older students for IGCSE and A levels.
We are seeking to recruit a full-time Geography teacher in the Senior section of our school (aged 11-19).
This post requires a well-qualified, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, hardworking and energetic individual.
Candidates should have a B.Ed. or degree, plus P.G.C.E. from a British University, or B.A. with QTS or equivalent. Spoken English must also be fluent. Ability to teach a second humanity subject would be beneficial.
Areas of responsibility:
· Skillful and competent in the content of his/her subject area and keeps informed of developments. Programmes are reviewed annually.
· Effective planning and preparation of courses and lessons, including the development of approved new courses of study. The teacher shall make each lesson contribute effectively towards a planned programme of work as indicated in the department's schemes of work.
· Teaches effectively according to the educational needs of the students assigned, including the setting and marking of work done by students using both formative and summative assessment practices. Practices are supportive of student endeavours and reflect the full range of resources available.
· Assesses, monitors, records and reports on the development, progress and attainment of students, in line with the Assessment and Marking Policy of the Senior School. Identifies, acknowledges and encourages success; identifies underachievement and takes appropriate action.
· Regularly updates (every half term) students' levels of achievement on the school database.
The Junior & Senior School has:
· Ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both a comprehensive curriculum and extra curriculum programme;
· A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
· Warm and dedicated staff who are committed to their students;
· High quality facilities including two specialist music rooms and two drama studios, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, basketball and tennis courts and extended athletics facilities and futsals;
· Sports facilities available to staff out of hours, reduced fees for staff children and a vibrant CPD programme.
To apply, please fill in and submit the online application that can be found on the school’s website under Employment/Opportunities. Web: www.theseniorschool.com
For any further information please contact Mrs. Athena Zannetti at: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 5th March 2018.
The Junior & Senior School is committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. A police check is required for every post.