Outstanding Teacher of Geography
Kings’ School Al Barsha is seeking an outstanding Geography teacher to join our excellent and highly successful department.
Geography is a popular subject at Kings; with a growing student uptake at GCSE and A-Level. The post requires the successful applicant to teach across all year groups from Year 7 to 13, including GCSE and A-Level classes.
When you join the Kings’ family, you will become part of a strategically connected group of schools, one of which is the only school in Dubai to be rated outstanding 10 years running. Working in Dubai is a fast-paced and rewarding experience, however, it is a demanding and rigorous working environment which requires committed and motivated professionals. As such we seek teachers who understand that their role extends far beyond the classroom.
Kings’ is part of the John Hattie Visible Learning programme. This focuses on how to best enhance student achievement, linking closely to our mission statement of “The best by every child.” All teachers receive excellent and highly desirable professional development which informs our approach as a professional body.
- A high quality degree with Geography as the sole or significant focus
- An outstanding teacher with a minimum of 3 years experience, though new teachers who are aspiring to be outstanding will be considered
- A-level experience is required
- Experience (or a willingness) of organising and leading overseas educational visits will also be desirable
- Able to teach consistently inspirational lessons and a track record/ability to deliver results
- A commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students within their care.
- Able and willing to make a broader contribution to school life
- Innovative, creative, enthusiastic and able to deliver results
- Experience of working overseas or with international students would be an advantage.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal.
Closing date for applications is 10th April 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
(*The school will conduct initial interviews with early applicants via Skype and reserves the right to offer an ideal candidate for the position before the closing date.)
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2020 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.