Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Geography Teacher to join a co –educational independent Roman Catholic day school situated in Ealing, West London. This full time Geography Teacher position is available for a full time contract for a January 2019 start and will be contracted through at least until the end of the academic year. The successful Geography Teacher needs to possess the ability to cater for a wide range of abilities and learning styles and aim to achieve strong results with regards to KS3 student performance.
About the Role
· Geography Teacher
· January 2019 start
· Full time contract
· Responsible for teaching KS3
· Salary up to £47,000 (depending on experience)
About the School
· Latest Ofsted rated the school as “Good,” with the 16 – 19 study programme rated as “Outstanding”
· Recent developments include an impressive new Sixth Form Centre & Art Department
· Geography is an incredibly popular subject throughout all the key stages
· Looking to set up interviews ASAP
· Easy to access using multiple routes using public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Geography Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· A PGCE qualification or equivalent, specialising in Geography/Humanities
· Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum one term)
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Possess the ability to teach pre planned lessons and partake in marking work
· Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number IXK22528.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.