Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Geography Teacher to join an independent co-educational school, for pupils aged between 7 and 18 years, based in Maidstone, Kent. The successful Geography Teacher will support students across upper KS3 to KS5. The school is part of a trust with a huge level support and cross school CPD opportunities for staff. This is a part time 0.6 fixed term contract starting April 2019. There is potential that this role may become permanent in September 2019.
About the Role
• Geography Teacher
• Teaching KS3 – KS5
• Part time 0.6 contract starting April 2019
• MPS £23,720 - £39,406 FTE
About the School
• Independent, coeducational school for pupil aged between 7 and 18 years
• Very well resourced
• Over 10 days of CPD available each year
• Fantastic opportunities for career advancement, both within the UK and abroad
• Small class sizes
• Excellent leadership team
• Great rail and road links available
In order to be considered for this role, the Geography Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
• Hold a good first degree subject
• Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• Successful track record of improving pupils performance
• Ability to implement systems to develop students both emotionally, pastorally and academically
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police check
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number RCR18200.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.