Geography teacher/learner in the Secondary Section
With the possibility of Head of Faculty for the right candidate
St. Nicholas is seeking to appoint a passionate and enthusiastic teacher/learner of Geography who will enjoy guiding young learners in a highly stimulating and dynamic international environment. Current experience working with post 16 learners is desirable with IB Diploma experience as an added advantage. Regardless of experience candidates will commit to the IB Diploma and be willing to contribute to Theory of Knowledge, Extended Essays and CAS More information about St. Nicholas School can be found at www.stnicholas.com.br www.facebook.com/st.nicholas.sp and https://twitter.com/stnickssaopaulo.
The Geography Department contributes to a rich and varied learning environment at St Nicholas where all learners in year 11 and 12 follow a full IB Diploma Programme. It is part of the Humanities Faculty and is a successful, forward thinking and well-run department where teachers share ideas, resources and experiences. The Department offers a concept-driven year 7 and 8 programme, the Cambridge University IGCSE International Geography course in years 9 and 10 and HL and SL courses in the Diploma. Curriculum development is on-going and reflects the school’s inquiry-based philosophy. The department values experiential learning and has developed an exciting programme of residential and day fieldwork experiences. The department has interactive board or projectors in all classrooms and laptops and Chromebooks are available for all learners. There are three full-time teacher/learners in the Department. The Department counts on exclusive use of three dedicated, well-resourced learning spaces, set up for collaboration, interaction and research.
Candidates will have:
- A university degree in Geography or a related subject along with evidence of recent professional learning.
- An internationally recognised teaching qualification
- A willingness to learn and develop and contribute to the learning of the community.
- A commitment to inquiry-based learning and concept-based learning
- A belief that all young learners are able to learn and can contribute to the community.
- A commitment to international mindedness and IB teaching philosophy (www.ibo.org)
- A positive and optimistic attitude to learning.
- Additional qualities to add to the school community
For expatriate teachers St. Nicholas offers two-year contracts, which are renewable by mutual consent and include:
- A competitive salary paid in Reais
- An overseas allowance based on monthly sterling exchange rates
- Private medical plan
- Return flights at the beginning and end of the contract
- Visa expenses
- Professional development opportunities
- An end of contract gratuity
- Fantastic students to work with
A letter of application should be addressed to Nicholas Thody and be accompanied by a curriculum vitae and the names of three referees. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for application is 9th December 2018. Skype interviews will be held on the following week. Face to face interviews will take place in early January if required.
The school commits to safeguard all members of the community and all staff share in this commitment. All shortlisted candidates will provide references. Successful candidates will provide proof of qualifications, submit to complete and rigorous safeguarding checks.