TEACHER OF GEOGRAPHY WITH THE ABILITY TO TEACH HISTORY
PERMANENT – FROM JANUARY 2020
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Qualified Teacher to join our successful Geography Department from January 2020. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, dynamic and ambitious NQT or experienced professional.
The successful applicant must:
• be passionate and committed to improving teaching and learning.
• have excellent interpersonal and presentational skills.
• be receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure.
• be able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
• maximise the potential of students of all abilities.
• have a passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people.
• be able to teach to A level and all abilities.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.
The Joseph Rowntree School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Further details and an application form can be downloaded from our website www.josephrowntree.co.uk. Please download the Applicant’s Guidance document – ‘How to Apply’.
Completed application forms should be addressed to Miss Rachel Walton, Headteacher’s PA at the school (email address: email@example.com)
Closing Date: Tuesday 15th October 2019 at 12 midnight
Interview Date: Tuesday 22nd October 2019