Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
GM Higher Graduate Advisor
Reference Number: SCCG1929
Salary: Starting salary £19,970 per annum
with incremental progression to £22,715
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 21st October 2019
Interview Date: Friday 25th October 2019
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Fixed term contract until July 2021
Hours per Week: 37
An exciting opportunity has arisen to support widening participation and outreach for learners in Salford and Trafford with the goal of increasing participation of students from disadvantaged backgrounds into Higher Education.
- To support target learners in schools and colleges to raise increase their awareness of and readiness for Higher Education
- To liaise with staff in target schools and colleges to increase their engagement in and awareness of the GM Higher programme
- To provide first-level information, advice and guidance to target school/college learners, teachers and parents in relation to the benefits of Higher Education, delivering presentations and workshops at events within local schools /colleges and other locations.
- To be a role model for pupils in the area, advocating the benefits of Higher Education
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
Reason to Join Us:
- A range of developmental & career opportunities
- A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
- Staff Discounts – including www.staffbenefits.co.uk and NUS Extra
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships & confidential staff counselling via CareFirst
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.