As a 7-18 State Boarding School we seek to appoint a capable and energetic Music Assistant. This role would suit a gap year student or a recent graduate with the ability to communicate their passion for music with students.
Hours of work: Approximately 45 hours per week, 35 hours in the music department and 10 in the boarding house.
Requirements: Excellent keyboard skills are essential, choral and instrumental directing desirable
Duties and responsibilities:
• To act as a musical role model for all students through behaviour and enthusiasm for this area of the school
• To act as principle accompanists in the department - To include, accompaniment of rehearsals, lessons, performances, exam entries and VMT lessons as required
• Assisting with theory and composition lessons as required
• Contributing to the school VMT lessons
• Supervising student practice sessions
• Assist with the scholarship provision, including 1-2-1 tuition before school
• Assist in directing ensembles with the opportunity to establish new ones where possible
• Assist with teaching of academic music lessons. There may be the opportunity to take classes for those interested in this area of personal development
• Offer other assistance as required to support the work of the music department including the co-curricular programme
• To be fully involved with the busy life of a boarding school, to include boarding and other supervisory duties, sport and/or activities
• To work with the local community churches and provide musical support in services at key times of the year
• Ability to play the organ is desirable but not essential
• Assist in opening and closing the music department each day
To apply, please complete an application form with a covering letter or suporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing date: Wednesday 26th May, 9.00 am
Interview date: Wednesday 9th June, by Microsoft Teams
The school reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date
The Royal; Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.
Royal Alexandra and Albert School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 18 years
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is a 7-18 co-educational, non-selective state boarding school located in 260 acres of beautiful private parkland in Gatton Park, Surrey. Our large site allows us to have extensive sporting facilities, including f...