The St Marylebone CE School is seeking to appoint an outstanding graduate as Learning Support Assistant. Fixed-term contract from January 2019 to August 2019.
Graduate LSA roles at St Marylebone offer aspiring teachers or those considering a future career in education (eg. Speech and Language Therapy) the opportunity to gain invaluable practical school-based experience, training and development in an outstanding school.
The Graduate LSA Programme at St Marylebone can offer rapid career progression. A number of our previous LSAs have subsequently completed teacher training programmes through our Teaching School (we are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance). After qualifying, many have secured permanent teaching positions with us, often rising quickly to positions of additional responsibility (e.g. Head of Year).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with our SENCO and other experienced teaching professionals providing support and guidance, your role will be to:
· implement personalised learning programmes with individual students / groups in or outside lessons
· assist teachers in planning lessons and resources for a particular subject area
· enhance the provision for students by taking responsibility for specific long-term projects or short-term learning activities
· support teachers in monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupil achievement, progress and development
· co-tutor a form group and contribute towards enrichment and extra-curricular provision.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. Rated successively ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. The St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance offers teacher training programmes
The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
PERSON SPECIFICATION - WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· Excellent degree (minimum 2.1) in a relevant subject
· Genuine and demonstrable interest in working with young people and education.
· Commitment to achievement for all, regardless of background or ability.
· Excellent literacy and communication skills.
· Ability to lend subject-specialism to the learning and development of secondary-school pupils.
· Enthusiasm, initiative, resilience and pro-activity.
· Willingness to learn and participate in a dynamic educational setting.
· Ability to be a role-model to young people.
No prior teaching, educational training / qualification necessary. Full training and guidance will be provided. Experience of working with young people is desirable. Successful candidates will be included in our structured appraisal process and wide range of training and development opportunities.
Contract: fixed-term contract (January 2019 – August 2019.
Other benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme to support your health and wellbeing.
Salary: £20,616, which equates to £17,348 for working term-time only. This will increase to £22,002, which equates to £18,515 from April 2019. The salary is paid evenly each month over the whole year.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out an application form available to download from: stmarylebone.school/contact/vacancies/
As part of the form you will need to complete a short statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) demonstrating your suitability for the position. Completed application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, 10th December 2018. We will be reviewing applications and inviting candidates to interview on a rolling basis so recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).