The St Marylebone CE School welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds, races, cultures, faiths and genders. The School actively promotes diversity and inclusion across its community and our students come from a wide range of backgrounds: 40% of our students speak English as an additional language; 59% of our students come from backgrounds other than white British.
The St Marylebone CE School is seeking to appoint either a Learning Support Assistant or a Graduate Learning Support Assistant, for starting in September 2021. LSA roles at St Marylebone offer aspiring teachers or those considering a future career in education (eg. Speech and Language Therapy) the opportunity to gain invaluable practical school-based experience, training and development in an outstanding school.
About the role
- Working closely with our SENCO and other experienced teaching professionals providing support and guidance, your role will be to:
- implement personalised learning programmes with individual students / groups in or outside lessons
- assist teachers in planning lessons and resources for a particular subject area
- enhance the provision for students by taking responsibility for specific long-term projects or short-term learning activities
- support teachers in monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupil achievement, progress and development
- co-tutor a form group and contribute towards enrichment and extra-curricular provision.
About the School
Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. St Marylebone takes pride in being a brilliant place to work and learn: rated consistently ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing state schools nationally.
How to apply
Closing date: 9am Monday, 24th May 2021
Interviews: w/c 7th June
Please fill out an application form available to download from our website. Completed application forms should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Please note that applicants may be called earlier so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. Any offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
The St Marylebone CE School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
The St Marylebone CE School is an all-girls secondary with co-educational sixth form in Westminster, central London. It is affiliated with the Church of England and designated a National Teaching School. Since 2011, St Marylebone has had academy stat...