From September 2019, Downside School has exciting opportunities for Graduate Sports Assistants. You will have the opportunity to be fully involved in all aspects of School life; academic, pastoral and the wider curriculum and will be fully supportive of Downside’s Catholic character. Our Graduate Sports Assistants work closely with the Director of Sport and Director of the Wider Curriculum, supporting the delivery of an extensive weekly sports and wider-curricular programme.
Downside is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, and one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools. The school is situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, twelve miles south of the city of Bath. This is an exciting prospect for someone who is a graduate with an interest in entering the teaching profession or who is looking for professional experience before following a career outside education.
We are looking for people who:
• Have experience in coaching any one or more of these sports: Rugby, Hockey, Cricket, Netball, Tennis, Athletics/Cross Country, Swimming, Badminton, Basketball or Strength & Conditioning.
• Have a relevant University degree.
• Are passionate about working with children in an educational setting.
• Have an ability to contribute significantly to the school’s wider-curricular programme.
• Are committed to their own professional development.
• Embrace our Catholic, Benedictine ethos.
We can offer:
• Motivated, hard-working pupils.
• The post is accommodated, plus a pro-rated salary of c£10,800 for a fixed term 10 month contract. Salary advertised accounts for the National Minimum Wage increase due 1st April 2019.
• A complimentary lunch and an employee assistance programme.
• A supportive, skilled and innovative staff team.
• Plenty of opportunities for CPD, and pastoral and wider-curricular involvement.
You will work 6 days per week including the weekend during the academic terms.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 14th February, 10am
Interviews will be held in early March 2019 (provisional interview date 5th March).
How to Apply
Please complete your application through our applicant tracking system, using the Apply button. Please contact the Human Resources email address if you require further information after reading the job description.
Downside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be DBS checked. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Registered Charity Number: 1158507