From September 2018, Downside School has exciting opportunities for Graduate Sports Assistants. You will have the opportunity to be fully involved in all aspects of School life; academic, pastoral and the wider curriculum and will be fully supportive of Downside’s Catholic character.
Our Graduate Sports Assistants work closely with the Director of Sport and Director of the Wider Curriculum, supporting the delivery of an extensive weekly sports and wider-curricular programme.
Downside is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, and one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools. The school is situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, twelve miles south of the city of Bath. This is an exciting prospect for someone who is a graduate with an interest in entering the teaching profession or who is looking for professional experience before following a career outside education.
We are looking for people who:
• Have experience in coaching any one or more of these sports: Rugby, Hockey, Cricket, Netball, Tennis, Athletics/Cross Country or Swimming.
• Have a University degree.
• Are passionate about working with children in an educational setting.
• Have an ability to contribute significantly to the school’s wider-curricular programme.
• Are committed to their own professional development.
• Embrace our Catholic, Benedictine ethos.
We can offer:
• Motivated, hard-working pupils.
• The post is accommodated, plus a pro-rated salary of c£10,300 for a 10 month contract
• A supportive, skilled and innovative staff team.
• Plenty of opportunities for CPD, and pastoral and wider-curricular involvement.
You will work 6 days per week including the weekend during the academic terms.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 20th February, 10am Interviews will be held in March 2018
To apply, please complete the application form through TES.
Please contact us if you require further information after reading the application pack/job description.
Downside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer. By car, we are within 40 minutes of Bristol, 30 minutes of Bath and 15 minutes of Wells. Registered Charity Number: 1158507