We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking Graduate Teaching Assistant to work at our exceptional school.
You will predominantly be working with groups of children under the direction of the class teacher, with occasional basic administrative tasks. Your role will also involve small group and individual support focused on raising attainment.
This role is for an ambitious graduate looking to gain initial classroom experience ahead of a career in teaching.
To find out more about life at Devonshire Hill, please visit www.devonshirehill.com Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school.
Our school can offer you:
- An opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of children.
- A supportive school community.
- A welcoming and enthusiastic environment with talented and passionate staff.
The successful candidates will need to have:
- Experience of working with pupils with a range of special educational needs
- Full working knowledge of the Code of Practice for SEND
- Understanding of principles of child development and learning, in particular, barriers to learning for children with social communication difficulties and more complex needs
- Ambition and a commitment to continuing professional development
- Fantastic resilience with a real ‘can do attitude’
- A wiliness to go over and above ‘the call of duty’
- A great sense of humour.
The Devonshire Hill Nursery and Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be made of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
Visits to Devonshire Hill are warmly encouraged and can be organised by contacting the School on 020 8808 2053 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.devonshirehill.com/vacancies for further application documen tation.
Closing date: Monday 18th March 2019 (midnight)
Interview date: Thursday 28th and Friday 29th March 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
The Devonshire Hill Nursery and Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. Our environment is diverse in character and in its student population and we aspire to reflect this diversity in our staff. We positively welcome applications from minority groups. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This is reflected in our rigorous approach to the recruitment and professional development of staff. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.