GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT
Required for an immediate start
APTC 3 - point 14-17
Full time salary £18.657 - £19,623 FTE (£12,748 - £13,430 per annum, actual salary)
39 weeks per year
Bower Park Academy is an 11-16 co-educational school with 800 pupils on roll. Bower Park is part of the Empower Academy Trust providing staff with fantastic CPD opportunities and shared practices across the Trust. If you want to be part of a school that is rapidly improving and want to make a difference to every child’s life chances - we would welcome your application.
The successful applicant will be a committed practitioner who wants to develop their skills knowledge and understanding to become the best they can be for our students. We will make sure you receive the CPD to enable that to happen!
Empower Learning Academy Trust, Inspiring Learners, Changing Lives
- Empower Learning Academy Trust was formed in September 2016 and currently consists of three secondary academies in the London Borough of Havering: Hall Mead School; The Brittons Academy and Bower Park Academy. The Trust has plans to expand into the primary sector
- Our purpose is to inspire our family of schools to provide opportunities for our pupils, staff and leaders to be the best they can be, by creating a passion for lifelong learning, enabling our pupils to become confident and impactful world citizens
- Our vision is to build a family of local primary and secondary schools with a shared ethos of continual improvement, where powerful teaching, challenge, support and accountability lie at the heart of creating environments that focus relentlessly on the needs of the learning community and deliver outstanding outcomes for all pupils
Why work at Bower Park Academy?
- The school is on a trajectory of rapid improvement – we want to recruit staff who want to be part of our journey to good within two years
- An opportunity to join an ambitious new multi academy trust at the heart of the local community
- An excellent career opportunity for the right candidate as a stepping stone into teaching.
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development through the Empower Training School
General Terms and Conditions Remuneration
Hours of Work:
The core hours will be a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8.15am – 2.30pm and Wednesday 8.15am – 4.30pm totalling 29 hours per week for 39 weeks of the year.
Annual Holiday entitlement will be in line with Local Government guidelines and subject to grade and continuous service, plus statutory bank holidays. All annual leave will be taken with the prior agreement of the Finance Director.
Please forward your completed application to Debbie Grix before 12pm on 3rd January 2018.
Alternatively, please apply online at www.haveringschools.jobs. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Havering Education HR on 01708 431636.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the short listing and interviews will be held on week commencing 8th January 2018.
We are committed to the safety of our pupils through our recruitment and school practices; all jobs are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children.
We welcome applicants regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Previous applicants are not to re-apply.
Should you wish to contact the school please telephone Mrs D Grix Tel: 01708-730244 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 3rd January 2018 at 12pm