We are seeking to appoint an experienced groundsman, to work as part of our team who are responsible for the maintenance and general condition of the school’s sports grounds, both on the main school site and at our sports ground at Kingsway (1.5 miles away).
King’s College School is an independent school for boys aged 7-18 and girls aged 16-18, located in one of the most attractive parts of south west London. The original school buildings date from the 18th century and are surrounded by nearly twenty acres of sports pitches and laid-out gardens.
Key responsibilities are:
- Preparing and maintaining the sports facilities under the direction of the Head Groundsman, including artificial surfaces, to the required standard
- Providing grounds staff support to matches/fixtures when required
- Implementing weekly, monthly and annual agreed maintenance programmes for all facilities, including the Old Boys’ sports pitches
- Liaising with appropriate staff on the availability of sports facilities for lessons and matches, and advising on the fitness of pitches
- Working with various different types of machinery and equipment to prepare and maintain football, rugby, cricket and hockey pitches, as well as artificial surfaces
- Undertaking general maintenance of equipment as directed
- Assisting with the maintenance of trees, hedges and paths, including leaf collection and spraying
- Maintaining grounds and sports related buildings and facilities
- Cleaning dressing rooms and shower rooms when required
Normal hours are based around 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, although some flexibility is required to accommodate seasonal variations, together with some evening and every third Saturday work required during term-time.
A full job description and an application form are available from the King’s website: www.kcs.org.uk (under useful information/career opportunities).
Closing date: noon on Monday 4th December 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.