Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme
Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) is the best college in Staffordshire and, increasingly, one of the most successful in the country. Comprising two modern college campuses, an independent training provider and a rural residential facility, NSCG has a £40m+ turnover and boasts some of the best accommodation to be found in the sector.
We are seeking an experienced estates and facilities manager to oversee the maintenance of the NSCG estate in ‘best in sector’ condition and lead on the further development and updating of our facilities.
Reporting to the Vice Principal, this is an opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic manager with passion and a commitment to achieving the very best standards of accommodation for our students and staff.
- Ensure that the NSCG estate and facilities remain amongst the best in the sector.
- Working in conjunction with the Vice Principal, develop and lead plans for the further development of the Stafford campus.
- To lead the Group’s Estates and Facilities staff teams to ensure that they maintain the existing facilities in outstanding condition and provide comprehensive and timely support to staff and managers on both sites.
- To have operational management responsibility for all aspects of health and safety, fire safety, security and environmental health across the Group and to manage the Health and Safety Adviser.
- To ensure that appropriate procedures are in place for routine maintenance programmes at both college campuses and to ensure continuing ‘best value’ is achieved in the procurement of utilities and equipment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds an appropriate academic or professional qualification.
- Has extensive experience of estates and facilities management.
- Has demonstrable experience of successful delivery of complex capital projects.
- Has high level problem-solving, project-management and negotiation skills.
- Has a good knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting estates and facilities management within the FE sector in general.
- Has interpersonal, motivational and communication skills of the highest order.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 35 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply?
To apply for this role please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 20 th September 2017.
Interviews to be held on Friday 29 th September 2017.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.