The British International School Hanoi seeks an experienced University Guidance Counsellor to support its students from August 2021.
BIS is a school where integrity, care and respect lie at its core. As well as striving for academic excellence, at BIS we focus on the all-round development of each child. Through a progressive programme of community service and an emphasis on our 5 strands for global citizenship, students are encouraged to become internationally minded.
BIS is an all through school of 1,000 students, from 3 to 18 years. Primary and Secondary teachers work together closely to deliver a stimulating curriculum leading into the IGCSE and the IB Diploma programmes. At BIS, students achieve outstanding results: The IBDP average score is significantly higher than the IBDP global average. The IGCSE 3-year average is 90% A*-C and 47% A*/A.
The successful candidate will be someone who is highly motivated and continually seeking to improve, aligning with our vision of ‘being ambitious’. Our enviable professional development opportunities enable staff to take part in development teams, on-line courses through the Nord Anglia University and benefit from external specialist sessions offered across the region.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic, qualified and experienced teachers who are excellent communicators and enjoy working together. Applicants should be well organised and have a good sense of humour. Specific requirements are:
A degree and recognised specialist qualification
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Ability to support the school community of students, teachers and parents by providing appropriate counselling services relating to the social, emotional and academic well-being of BIS students
- Knowledge of the IB Diploma Programme is highly desirable
- High expectations for pupils’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of behaviour management through positive and productive relationships.
- Reflective practitioners who set appropriate, realistic yet demanding expectations for students
- Passionate and ambitious, ability to support and motivate students
- Promotion of the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Experience of working with EAL learners.
BIS Hanoi is a Nord Anglia Education school and is part of a global community of approximately 14,000 people working together in 73 schools located in 30 countries around the world. Together, we educate approximately 68,000 students globally from ages 2 to 18 across China, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, The Americas and Europe.
Through unique collaborations with The Juilliard School and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), you will also get unrivalled access to world leading experts in the performing arts and STEAM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths). Also, our collaboration with King’s College London, exclusive to Nord Anglia staff, gives you a chance to earn your Executive Master’s in International Education.
BIS Hanoi opened in August 2012 on a large purpose built campus in the Long Bien district of Hanoi which is a 30 min drive from the centre of Hanoi. Our first class facilities and impressive resources include a large library learning hub; well-equipped Computer Science rooms offering flexible learning areas; two all-weather pitches; large gymnasium and swimming pools; music rooms with sound-proofed break out areas and a large auditorium seating over 1,000.
In return for your passion to promote a quality education, we offer a professional working environment and an attractive remuneration and benefits package in line with the status of this position that include:
- Annual return flights
- Relocation allowance
- Visa / work permit costs
- International medical insurance
- Health club membership allowance
- Free school places for up to two children
Initial contracts are for two years with a start date of August 2021.
To Apply: Applications must be made online via Nord Anglia Education Job Portal, and should contain an application letter and full CV (including photograph, phone number, Skype address and e-mail contact details of 3 referees – one of whom is your current Head Teacher/Principal).
The closing date for application is Friday May 28th, however we may appoint in advance of this date for the right candidate.
To apply for this position, please click the here.
British International School - Hanoi
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years