HE Lecturer and Course Leader, Engineering
Salary: up to £34,259 per annum (depending on experience)
35 hours per week University Centre, Stockport
There is an exciting future for HE at the University Centre, Stockport College as part of the Trafford College Group.
With a new University Centre under construction as part of the new campus developments, fantastic workshop facilities, innovative plans for partnership working to become Greater Manchester’s premier vocational skills provider and great employment terms and conditions, the time has never been better to join our team.
The University Centre at Stockport College is now looking to appoint a HE lecturer and Course Leader for Engineering under our HE Head of School for STEM, as we continue to develop exciting provision in response to our local industry needs.
The HE is going from strength to strength, with an outstanding QAA outcome in 2016-17 and 2017-18, TEF Silver, NSS student satisfaction at 83% (above national), part time destination rates in the top 10% nationally and a clear and ambitious strategic plan to support growth and meet higher level skills needs.
The post holder will teach, plan, implement and evaluate own teaching with reference to the needs of the students and the requirements of the specific programmes. They will carry out all required administration and assessment associated with own teaching and requirements of the course. The post holder will continually review student progress and help students to action plan in order to achieve high standards and be a personal tutor to students to ensure academic success.
- The post will be within the University Centre, Stockport College. This was approved with the University title by the DfE in August 2018 in recognition of our size and quality. According to OfS, we are now the 13th largest provider of HE in FE (out of approx. 250 FECs) with £4m income and ambition to grow significantly, achieved two very positive QAA reports in 2017 and 2018, TEF Silver and student outcomes well above national rates - including student destinations in the top 10% nationally. Plus a strong strategic relationship with SHU.
- We are currently undergoing a full campus redevelopment programme, with the University Centre within Phase One of this – with the plan to move in to the purpose built University Centre in Autumn 2019.
- The post will be to course lead the HE Engineering offer at Stockport. This currently involves the HNC Electrical and HNC Mechanical Engineering, with the strategic ambition to grow this offer and expand additional Engineering routes. The post holder will be central to this development.
- In addition, there is the potential for some delivery at our Stretford Campus where we have over 100 HNC/D Engineering learners.
Applicants would need to demonstrate a strong background in the delivery of Engineering and a passion for sharing your knowledge and skills in this with others.
We expect all applicants to possess the following credentials:
• Degree or above within Engineering
• A teaching qualification, or working towards.
• Recent industry experience.
• A passion for teaching
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
• A commitment to education and innovative ways of delivering engineering courses
• Level 2 or above in English and Maths.
Trafford College Group – New Group - New Opportunities - A Great Place to Work.
The Trafford College Group promotes, celebrates and values diversity and is committed to promoting equality for all.
The Trafford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the Trafford College Group is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
This position is open to direct applicants only.
To apply please click on link: http://www.trafford.ac.uk/about-us/vacancies
Closing Date: 10 December 2018
Interview Date: 17 December 2018