Al Rabeeh School is seeking to appoint an outstanding Leader to join us as Head of Arabic in January 2018. The successful applicant will be Bi-lingual in Arabic and English with a proven track record of driving improvement in an Arabic department. She will also have a solid understanding and experience of using the UAE school inspection framework.
Al Rabeeh School is a well-established primary school with an excellent reputation within the community of Abu Dhabi. It was established in 1979, making it one of the oldest international schools in Abu Dhabi, growing considerably over the years. The school is the founding school of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate.
We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
The Head of Arabic Education is a fundamental role within Al Rabeeh School. The selected candidate will be expected to guide and lead the Arabic staff towards achieving the goal of becoming an outstanding department in the teaching and learning of Arabic for both native and non-native speakers. The successful applicant will need to be sympathetic to the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh School, a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students. The school will choose someone who will be an effective leader and communicator, who is confident in establishing and maintaining open and effective communication with students, staff and parents.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Fluent in written and verbal Arabic and English
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of UAE inspection framework and UAE National Agenda
- Experience of SEF processes
- Recent experience of effective leadership and a strong drive to be an outstanding leader
- An outstanding classroom practitioner who leads by example
- Experience of using data systems for school improvement, student tracking, intervention, Target Setting, Assessment, Recording & Reporting
- Strong emphasis and desire for all team members to be outstanding in teaching and learning
- Successful working relationships amongst Arabic, Islam and International departments
- An ability to nurture and get the best out of people including using performance management systems
- Capacity to support creative learning and to focus on developing 21st Century learning environments and innovation skills
- Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend students’ learning experiences
- Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
- Commitment to whole school initiatives and the school improvement cycle
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- Medical insurance cover
- End of service gratuity
- Visa arranged by the school
- Other benefits according to experience
To apply please click the 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter and photograph to the Principal and Director of Schools, Ms Alison Lamb at email@example.com. Closing date for applications: 3rd January 2018, but interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.