We are seeking to appoint a dedicated practitioner to provide excellent and innovative leadership of the Art and Design Technology department.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced teacher with a proven track record of outstanding practice.
- Be an aspiring/experienced leader, able to effectively manage and lead a team as well as motivate and inspire others.
- Be relentlessly ambitious with high expectations, ensuring accountability and robust challenge when necessary.
- Be able to demonstrate a range of successful interventions and strategies for raising student attainment.
- Be able to demonstrate success at GCSE and A Level.
- Be able to demonstrate experience teaching across a range of design technology subjects. The ability to teach Food Technology would be highly advantageous.
- Will seek to go to beyond what is expected and promote art and design technology across the Academy.
About Kettering Science Academy:
Kettering Science Academy is on a journey towards ‘outstanding’. We have made rapid improvements and we are now relentlessly focussed on providing a stimulating learning experience for all our students. We actively encourage students to participate in all areas of academy life, motivating and inspiring them to unlock their potential and realise their ambitions. We believe education is about more than achieving success in exams; it is about preparing students for the challenges and demands of life beyond education. Staff have an uncompromising commitment to this and work closely with one another to support and develop students as well as one another.
We are a thriving community of equals dedicated to creating a great place to work and learn; students and staff are happy and proud to be part of Kettering Science Academy. We are very confident that this will be Kettering Science Academy’s best year yet and we would like to offer you the opportunity to jump aboard and join us for this journey!
If you think you can contribute to our organisation we welcome your application. Applicants are required to complete an application form as CVs will not be accepted.
For further information about how to apply, to arrange a visit or an informal discussion about this role please contact Amy Brooks, HR Manager, on the below details:
T: 01536 532700
W: Brooke Weston Trust Careers
Closing date: Wednesday 20 December 2017
Please be aware that if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Care and respect for others are the values that lie at the heart of our Trust. The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.