This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious Head of Art to take responsibility for the success of a flourishing Art department.
In this key role, you will lead and manage the Art and Photography departments, acting as an outstanding practitioner for the teaching of Art throughout the School and being pivotal in the development of a stimulating, imaginative and intellectually challenging curriculum.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, inspirational, confident leader, with drive, energy and commitment who can ensure that all pupils benefit from the highest standards of teaching.
Art at Bromley High School
Art is a popular subject at GCSE and A level with students achieving excellent results. Each year, a number of students continue with their studies at Colleges such as Central St. Martins and Ravensbourne.
The Art Department is housed in superb purpose built accommodation which consists of two large ground floor studios with a mezzanine gallery area, an adjacent darkroom and a ceramics/3D studio with clay room, kiln and preparatory room.
About Bromley High School
Bromley High School is a selective independent school of 860 girls, occupying a 25 acre parkland site in leafy Bickley, in Kent. The School enjoys an excellent reputation and in 2017 celebrated another year of outstanding academic achievement.
- As part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Childcare vouchers, interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and an application form please click the apply button.
Applications must be received by 8am Friday 16th March 2018.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 20th March 2018.
Bromley High School and the GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.