Smart Teachers and Vision for Education welcomes overseas trained Art teachers to consider a Head of department vacancy in a one of the largest boys independent prep schools in the UK, situated in one of the most beautiful parts of the most cosmopolitan city in the world. The school is a highly regarded establishment with excellent facilities that is proud of its rich history of inspiring excellence’ since the 1980’s. The candidate should ensure research, design and establish a broad, balanced, challenging and coherent Art curriculum for all pupils as well as building good relationships with students and colleagues. The successful Art teacher will start in September 2019 and teach a timetable from Years 4 - 8.
About the Role
• Head of Art
• Ability to teach Years 4 - Years 8
• Full time, permanent contract
• Starting in September 2019
About the School
The school is a large prep school for students ages 3 – 13. The school is South of London, situated in one of the most beautiful parts of the most cosmopolitan city in the world. Accommodation can be provided for the right candidate.
In order to be considered for this role, the Art Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as a high school Art teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent Art teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land.
• Smart and Vision for Education are powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free PD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. If you are in Australia or New Zealand, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference #RXPVISION789. If you are anywhere else in the world, please call and speak to Louise at Vision for Education on 01733371371.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.