Head of Assessment Training
What it’s about
You will design, deliver and manage a suite of assessment training which will include working in partnership with key stakeholders such as the University Of Cambridge Faculty Of Education. You will be a pivotal member of a multidisciplinary team which has a focus on innovative evidence based assessment training.
What you’ll be doing
Translate allocated bespoke requests into high quality training programmes. Create and prepare associated material as necessary and deliver training courses all within agreed budget and timeframes.
Oversee the effective delivery of initiatives in partnership with others, including but not limited to the Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Assessment and Examinations, ensuring that the needs of stakeholders are met and have appropriate fit and alignment with the Network’s priorities.
Provide expert advice to the team and wider Network stakeholders about significant developments by staying abreast of new developments, tools and techniques in assessment and assessment training delivery.
Represent the Network on internal and external platforms, and support the Network’s communications strategy to amplify the Network’s voice within the wider education and assessment communities.
What we’re looking for
- Essential: Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Desirable: Post graduate experience in assessment and or educational research.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of assessment principles and methodologies
- Innovative approach to programme design and delivery
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to engage an audience
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- High level of competence across standard software packages and LMS systems
- Build effective internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Experience of delivering and designing educational courses and programmes
- Experience of developing new programmes and initiatives including for international audiences
- Practical experience of using assessment methodologies
- Project management
- Knowledge of the global education sector
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Cambridge Assessment Network sits within the Group Research and Development division, providing professional development for the assessment community in the UK and internationally. We equip education professionals with the technical skills, knowledge and understanding to be confident and capable assessment practitioners. Our work is underpinned by evidence based research, delivered by a network of assessment experts, and designed to support your commitment to continuing professional development. Cambridge Assessment Network is proud to be an endorsed provider of Cambridge University Executive and Professional Education.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer colleagues a range of flexible working options which suit both the business and the employee. Please let us know of flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20/05/2018 and interviews will be held on 07/06/2018.
As a fair and equal employer, we want to make sure you have all the information you need about the job, so we always incorporate the job description into our ads. If you’re invited for interview, you’ll also receive that job description as a separate document.
In this spirit of transparency, if you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.