This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic Ofsted rated ‘good’ school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued. The Governors wish to appoint a candidate with outstanding potential to lead Biology. We currently offer Biology, Chemistry and Physics up to KS5 with both combined Science and separate sciences taught at KS4.
The candidate will be:
· Outstanding teacher
· Has a vision for what outstanding learning & teaching should look like in the teaching of Biology.
· Well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated to Languages
· Ability to teach all key stages
What we offer:
· Leadership Programmes
· Progression Opportunities
· Teacher Training Programmes
· Comprehensive CPD programme
· NQT Induction Programme with weekly support sessions
· Teaching and Learning Forum
· Professional Thursdays
Our department offer:
- For the successful candidate to join a flourishing and supportive department.
- To work in an all-inclusive department where students of all abilities are given the opportunity to study a language.
- Well equipped, new refurbished specialist science laboratories all equipped with IWB’s.
· Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school that has recently been refurbished
· Free car parking
· 100 % interest free season ticket loan
· Tax free bikes for work
· Teacher’s Pension Scheme
St Ignatius College is:
· a Jesuit Community committed to the spiritual, personal and academic development of each individual: the formation of the whole person
· a warm friendly community where all are respected and valued
· a school where students are courteous and respectful at all times
· judged ‘good’ by Ofsted: a school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised support’ and where leaders are ‘’without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’’
· Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply on the button below.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. However, the successful applicant will be expected to support the distinct Catholic ethos of the College. St. Ignatius College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment.