Newham Collegiate Sixth Form Centre (the ‘NCS’) is a dedicated sixth form centre which opened in September 2014 in iconic Grade 2 listed buildings on the East Ham Town Hall Civic Complex. Our 2017 A Level results are outstanding with 88% A*/B, 99% A*/C and an ALPS score of 1. The centre provides a stimulating education and personalised curriculum within a supportive environment in which students are stretch academically to achieve their potential. The NCS offers an academic A Level Curriculum with a specialism in Science and Maths, alongside pathways in Humanities. The A Level Curriculum and the extra-curricular programme is focused on preparing students for progression to highly competitive universities in the UK and abroad.
Biology is an extremely popular subject with approximately two thirds of our 500 strong cohort studying the subject in Y12 and Y13. A level results are also exceptional with well over half of the grades at A*/A and 91% of students securing A*/B at A level. We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed individual who is an exemplary classroom practitioner and has the qualities and skills to lead this outstanding department with distinction.
The successful candidate for the Head of Biology role will:
• Hold a relevant undergraduate/postgraduate degree.
• Have experience of leading a department or the desire to progress their career by taking on this leadership role.
• Share our vision that there is no ceiling to achievement and believe in the transformational nature of education.
• Have a passion to share their academic interests as part of our innovative super curriculum.
• Have the ability to draw upon their professional/educational background to demonstrate their ability to successfully teach Biology to A level standard.
The NCS is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st February 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 26th February 2018
Applications should be sent to: Jo Spiller email@example.com