Launceston Church Grammar School is an Anglican co-educational day and boarding community where global learners and leaders are nurtured, challenged and inspired to serve and shape our world with courage, curiosity, creativity and compassion.
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic, experienced and compassionate educator to lead our well-established Boarding House community. This role commences in Term 1 (January), 2020 and is based at the Senior Campus in Launceston, Tasmania.
The Head of Boarding is responsible for the overall leadership, management and daily operations of the Boarding House community and ensures the Boarding House team deliver high quality care, supervision and services to boarding students.
Applicants will have:
• tertiary qualifications in Education;
• current registration with the Tasmanian Teacher’s Registration Board, or be eligible for registration;
• current registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Tasmania), or be eligible for registration;
• current Australian Boarding Schools Association Duty of Care accreditation, or be eligible for accreditation;
• current first aid qualifications in HLTAID004, or be willing to undertake training,
• current driver’s licence is essential and an ability to acquire a passenger vehicle licence is desirable;
• proven experience working within day school and boarding environments, will be highly regarded;
• experience in dealing with / providing pastoral care to students from Grade 5 to Grade 12;
• experience in organising and managing a small team of staff;
• skills in social perceptiveness, active listening, critical thinking, negotiation, customer service, time management and communication will be highly regarded;
• personal attributes of concern for others, adaptability / flexibility, cooperation, integrity, leadership, dependability, attention to detail, and initiative will also be highly regarded.
Applicants are expected to support the ethos and values of an independent Anglican School.
Salary will be in accordance with the Launceston Church Grammar School (Teachers) Enterprise Agreement.
Information packs are available from the School website at https://www.lcgs.tas.edu.au/positions-vacant and inquiries can be directed to Mrs Audra Anderson (Human Resources Manager) at email@example.com
Applications are required by close of business Friday 27 September 2019