Head of Business Studies
MPS plus TLR2:2 (4,529)
Permanent, Full Time
South Craven School, supported by South Craven Academy Trust since May 2011, is an 11-18 mixed comprehensive school situated in a semi-rural location on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales with easy access to Leeds, Bradford and Greater Manchester. South Craven achieves strong results at both GCSE and A level and has an excellent vocational programme.
Learning is placed firmly at the heart of the South Craven School community. We recognise that education is the most important experience of a child's life and our main priority is to develop and stimulate an enthusiasm for, and a commitment to learning.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Studies department for an enthusiastic & innovative qualified teacher of Business Studies to lead the Business Studies Teaching Team from May 2019. Business Studies offers both GCSE and BTEC at Key Stage 4 and ‘A’ level. The successful candidate will be a strong motivator committed to maintaining attainment.
The successful candidate will ideally join the team in May 2019; however, a September 2019 start date would be considered for the right candidate.
The main duties and responsibilities of this post include:
• Teaching all aspects of Business Studies at KS4 and KS5
• Leading business and enterprise teaching in year 9 and contributing to the whole school planning and delivery of PSHE components, notably financial awareness
• Leading the development and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum
• Using appropriate teaching and learning, classroom and intervention strategies to motivate students and enable their progress
• Leading assessment in Business subjects
• Contributing actively to the policies and aspirations of the school.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• The ability to be an outstanding teacher with a track record of success in preparing students for examinations.
• Personal ambition and the capacity for hard work.
• A proven record of success in leading a team.
Please apply by letter enclosing a full CV to Paula Read at Hays Education email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0113 2003710
If you wish to hear more about this exciting vacancy, please contact Martyn Hill – Headteacher at the school on:
T: 01535 632861 E: email@example.com
The closing date for applications to be returned is Friday 15 February 2019, interviews to be held week commencing Monday 18 February 2019. .
South Craven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks.