Job Title: Head of Careers & Employability
Reports to: Head of Sixth Form and Head of School
Responsible for: Strategic planning, development and management of the Careers department.
Start date: March 2018
Hours of work: 36 hours, term time plus 10 days
Salary: Range 6 Point 26-28. Pro rata £24,875 - £26,333 (£26865 -£28440 FTE)
Disclosure level: Enhanced
To develop and implement an effective strategy for providing comprehensive careers advice to pupils from year 9 upwards. Support the achievement of whole school and departmental goals ensuring that students are equipped to face the demands and challenges of life beyond school.
You will share in the Future Academies Trusts belief and vision that with the right teaching every student will reach their full potential and that schools serve their families and the local community as well as their pupils.
- Oversee facilities and resources for careers information, education and guidance, providing up-to-date careers and higher education material in the Careers Room.
- Liaise with appropriate staff working with year 11 -13 to ensure the needs of students are met with respect to future careers and higher education.
- Attend the appropriate Parents’ Evenings and ensure relevant Careers information is available.
- Ensure that students applying for college, sixth form and universities have sufficient understanding of the process and support from the Careers department to make a successful application
- Work with appropriate member of staff to help any student who needs care or advice regarding Careers issues or applications.
- Attend all relevant meetings in school and any relevant external meetings approved by the head.
- Undertake other tasks relevant to the work of the department or the needs of the school, as these may arise.
We can offer you:
- Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy pupils
- The chance to help rapidly improve the most important school in London
- Excellent CPD focused on outstanding teaching and learning
- Access to the Trust Future Leaders programme and multiple leadership development opportunities
- The expertise and support of senior leadership and colleagues across the Future Academies Trust
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
To apply: please visit our website www.futureacademies.org or www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to download further information and an application form. Please email a letter of application outlining why you consider yourself suitable for the role and the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: February 26th 2018
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.