This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly, dynamic Ofsted rated ‘good’ school where all can thrive. We value our staff and want to develop them to the full in a supportive environment. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for their subject area, is hard-working, flexible, innovative and will enjoy working collaboratively to secure the best possible outcomes for students. We currently offer Biology, Chemistry and Physics up to KS5 with both combined Science and separate sciences taught at KS4.
St Ignatius College is:
- A well-respected, oversubscribed Jesuit Community committed to the spiritual, personal and academic development of each individual: the formation of the whole person
- A warm friendly community where all are respected and valued
- A school where teachers are developed ‘’through a strong programme of ongoing individualised
- support’ and where leaders are ‘’without compromise in their continuing programme of improvement’’
- A school where students are courteous, respectful and keen to succeed
- Teacher testimonial: “I feel that I have really grown professionally at St Ignatius College. Teachers are encouraged to take risks with their practice and the CPD is second to none. It is an incredibly supportive environment.”
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to teach across all key stages including GCSE and A Level
- Have a vision for what outstanding learning & teaching should look like
- Be well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated
What we offer:
- Leadership Programmes
- Progression Opportunities
- Teacher Training Programmes
- Comprehensive CPD programme
- NQT Induction Programme with weekly support sessions
- Teaching and Learning Forum
- Professional Thursdays
Our department offer:
- An all-inclusive department where staff are totally committed to ensuring successful outcomes for our students
- Highly organised, committed, energetic and well equipped department
- Opportunities to share best practice
- A department where students flourish and are enthusiastic about the subject
- A suite of classrooms
- Excellent modern facilities in a well-resourced school that has recently been refurbished
- Free car parking
- 100 % interest free season ticket loan
- Tax free bikes for work
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please download an application pack from http://www.st-ignatius.enfield.sch.uk/291/staff-vacancies
Completed application forms and the Declaration of Criminal Offences should be emailed to email@example.com
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. However, the successful applicant will be expected to support the distinct Catholic ethos of the College. St Ignatius College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Anyone applying to work in our school is expected to share this commitment.
The deadline for applications is 9am Monday 25 February 2019
Applications will be considered immediately upon receipt.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
Candidates will be contacted by telephone or email to attend interview if required.
ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE
Headteacher: Mary O’Keeffe