This is a fantastic opportunity to teach and lead on Chemistry in an ambitious and improving school.
Burlington Danes holds a special place in London’s educational landscape. It is the first Ark school, and has a history stretching back to its founding in 1699. Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective, all-through comprehensive school that serves a local community with a high degree of social disadvantage. Our mission is to ensure that every child, regardless of background, has the right to access the highest qualifications, best universities and most competitive careers. Our teachers are firmly committed to our vision. We believe in a ‘no excuses’ culture and strive to ensure that our students have the best academic education possible, supported by an excellent enrichment and pastoral programme to ensure our children develop into rounded, successful individuals who will thrive in the outside world. We are a learning community that invests heavily in developing the teaching and leadership skills of all our staff through our in-house programmes and the outstanding training provision of the Ark network.
We are now looking to recruit a Head of Chemistry who is dedicated to helping every child succeed. You will join a highly motivated team, committed to a creative and stimulating approach to teaching and learning, and to instilling in our students a passion for Science. The successful candidate will help to develop an exciting curriculum to engage pupils in the learning of Science and will work with other members of the Science faculty to raise attainment across all key stages.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a passionate teacher of Chemistry and have the ability to teach up to Key Stage 5
• be a committed team player
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
• demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence
• be a committed team player
• be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses culture
• have the resolve and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• join one of the most successful academies in England
• work in high quality facilities
• receive unrivalled training and professional development
• join a network of Ark schools and benefit from the support of experienced network colleagues
• gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to http://burlingtondanes.org/vacancies. Visits to the academy before application submission are welcomed. Please contact Julia Morson or firstname.lastname@example.org on 0208 735 4950 or email Julia.email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
To apply, please complete the online application by visiting: www.arkonline.org. Please complete your application by 11am on Thursday 17th January 2019. Applications will be reviewed as soon as we receive them so we encourage candidates to submit their applications early.
If you have any technical issues please contact the recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email email@example.com.
Location: Ark Burlington Danes Academy, Wood Lane, London W12 0HR
Closing Date: 11am on Thursday 17th January 2019
Start Date: January/February 2019
Salary: Ark MPS or UPS (Inner London) £30,406 - £41,381 per annum or £46,272 - £50,178 per annum depending on experience + TLR
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.