Head of Chemistry
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an outstanding teacher and leader to become our new Head of Chemistry.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and committed teacher to lead our Chemistry Department within the Science Faculty. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
The ideal candidate will already have some experience as a middle manager; show enthusiasm, creativity and resilience; possess strong evaluative and organisational skills; have the ability to lead and work well with colleagues and demonstrate the desire and ability for further personal growth and development.
The key responsibilities of the role will be to:
• lead and manage a team of teachers in the Chemistry Department; liaise with other leaders in the Science Faculty and across the school within the Wider Leadership Team
• take responsibility for the evaluation, development and delivery of the Chemistry programme of study across KS3 and 4 and the schemes of work underpinning it
• evaluate and monitor the performance of the Chemistry team
• raise academic standards and the achievement of students
• develop and enhance the practice of their team members
• support the Head of Faculty in delivering his vision for Science
In additon to the salary we offer the following:
• Access to the Surrey Flex Benefits Scheme, providing discounts on a range of services
• Level 1 health cash back scheme with Westfield Health
• Contributory Pension Scheme with the TPS
• Complimentary access to the onsite Leisure Centre including swimming pool, gym and fitness classes
• Onsite secure parking
We would love to hear from you if you are ready for a fresh challenge, are a qualified teacher with QTS or recognised equivalent and have the right to live and work in the UK. For further details and an application form, please see our school website with the 'Join Us' area.
We do not accept, nor will we be bound by, any unsolicited applications from agencies - such applications will be deleted and CVs will not be considered.
Completed applications will be considered as they are recieved, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Sunbury Manor School in committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and evidence of qualifications wil be required.