Would you like to work with some of the highest achieving students in the country who are passionate about studying Classics?
The Tiffin Girls' School is seeking to appoint an innovative and dynamic practitioner who is passionate about their subject, to lead its Classics department. This is an excellent opportunity to teach in a leading selective girls’ state school, where the girls are motivated, ambitious, articulate and fully engaged with the world around them.
The school greatly values the contribution that the study of Classics brings to its curriculum offer and to the all-round academic development of the girls. This is, therefore, an exciting opportunity to teach very highly motivated students in a context where Classics is a popular choice at GCSE and A level, with many pursuing it to degree level
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to join a wider team of committed and highly qualified teachers
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and where teachers are encouraged to express and voice their ideas to generate a passion for their subject
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
To be successful, you will need to:
- be extremely confident in teaching Classics to A level to high achieving students
- be an excellent role model and classroom practitioner, who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- have the experience to manage an extremely able team, or the ability to develop coaching, mentoring and leadership skills with our support
- provide opportunities outside of the classroom that inspire and engage
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: Noon on Tuesday 20 March 2018
Interview date: Monday 26 March 2018
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.