St Christopher’s is looking for an outstanding Computing and Digital Learning teaching specialist and classroom practitioner to be an inspiring Head of Department and role model to both pupils and teachers, taking the lead in planning and providing enriching learning experiences for all years based around digital learning and applications.
Working with the Deputy Head Academic, the Head of Computing and Digital Learning will have overall responsibility for the teaching of their subject across the school, supporting teachers in their responsibilities and classroom practice, to ensure successful pupil outcomes. An outstanding classroom practitioner, they will be a role model, and strive to enrich the pupils’ learning experiences, providing professional leadership and management for the subject.
Deputy Head Academic
- working alongside Subject Leads and the SLT, developing and supporting appropriate Computing and Digital Learning across the whole school
- working alongside Subject Leads and the SLT, developing and supporting a wide-range of cross-curricular and co-curricular activities, including trips, events, competitions, outreach etc.
- teaching computing from Reception to Year 6
The successful St Christopher’s candidate will offer:
- A desire to drive forward our Computing and Digital Learning curriculum
- An impetus to foster a life-long interest in digital processes and applications
- An innovative, investigative and inclusive approach to learning
- Passion, creativity and a flexible mind
- High expectations of pupils
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Initiative and a proactive approach to teaching
- The ability to lead and influence others
- The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues and parents
- Commitment to the School and its ethos
St Christopher’s offers:
- A lively, and innovative learning environment with an extended focus on sports, music, art and drama
- Girls who love to learn
- Friendly staff team
- Excellent location in Hampstead
- Competitive salary package
- Free school lunches during term-time
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
St Christopher’s is a girls’ day school (IAPS 4-11) with approximately 240 pupils with selective entry into Reception and Year 1. The school is oversubscribed and girls continue their education at 11+ to some of the top schools in London and around the country.
For full details, please press Quick Apply and refer to the attached documents. You are required to complete the application form and write a supporting statement. Please write in your letter what attracts you to St Christopher's School.
All applications to be received by Friday 5 February 2021 by 8am
Week commencing 8 February 2021
The School is committed to safeguarding children within its welfare.
The appointment is subject to at least two satisfactory references, receipt of Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) disclosure, verification of identity and qualifications, satisfactory medical fitness, evidence of the right to work in the UK and DfE prohibition checks. Additional overseas checks will be required for candidates who have lived or worked outside the UK.
St Christopher’s School adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). We will obtain information about you including any criminal convictions you may have. All information will be kept confidential and it will only be used to process your application. If your application is unsuccessful, all your information will be deleted from our systems and disposed of in a secure manner.
The School is an equal opportunities employer.
St Christopher's School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 11 years
St Christopher’s School is a non-denominational, independent day school for girls aged 4-11. It is located in Hampstead, North London, and has about 245 pupils.
The primary school was founded in 1883, with the earliest written records appearing...