Head of Computing: January 2018
The Burgate School and Sixth Form is seeking to appoint a dedicated and forward thinking Head of Computing who can deliver outstanding lessons across the Computing curriculum and has the ability to lead a committed team. This is an exciting opportunity for an established and enthusiastic teacher to take the Computing Department to the next level of achievement and help us to enhance our school’s reputation as an ambitious and friendly school committed to comprehensive education, which has ‘Learning for Life’ at its heart.
We are looking for a well-qualified candidate who fulfils the following criteria:
- Has a passion for Computer Science and Information Technology
- Is committed, driven and enthusiastic
- Has an innovative approach to teaching and learning
- Can demonstrate and model excellence in the classroom
- Demonstrates deep commitment to our ethos and our motto ‘Learning for Life.’
- Will effectively track progress to develop student potential
- Shows fairness and consistency
- Has high standards of personal organisation
- Has a good record of punctuality and attendance
- Possesses good inter-personal and communication skills
- Shows keen interest and ability to keep abreast of new initiatives
- Will take an active role in the school’s digital strategy
- Will model and present a positive image of the school
- Has a strong willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
- Has knowledge of two or more programming languages
- Has experience of teaching all year groups (Year 7-13)
Applicants should submit a completed application online via our website or TES website. If you wish to submit any additional information along with your application please contact Miss Sarah Hewett either by e-mail email@example.com or telephone 01425 652039. Your application should reach the Headteacher by Monday 2 October 2017.
In addition to a tour of the school and informal discussions with key members of staff, each interviewee will be required to teach a lesson and undertake a typical Head of Department task. The selection process will culminate in a formal interview.
Full details of the interview process will be sent to candidates with the invitation to interview.
The Burgate School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and other relevant pre-employment checks including satisfactory references and medical clearance. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.