Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
Intending applicants must:
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of Catholic Eductaion;
- Be registered or be eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers͖;
- Leadership of student with diverse learning needs (SWDLN);
- Have an ability to lead and work as part of a collaborative team;
- Liaise with parents, staff and students in relation to the diversity of learning needs presented by students;
- Have highly developed organisational skills and interpersonal skills; and
- Be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation
Catholic Education Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Purpose of the role
The role of the Head of Department - Learning Support – Middle and Senior Years is to support the mission of the school through leadership within the Learning Support Department. This involves developing appropriate strategic directions in line with national, state and local requirements; ensuring that appropriate pedagogies are developed and implemented at all levels; ensuring the quality of student learning and the effectiveness of teacher practice through appropriate supervision; utilising thorough analysis of current data to inform decisions; developing appropriate partnerships within and outside of the school; administering available resources; and, advocacy of students’ appropriate educational adjustments.
Mandatory qualifications and requirements
- Professional qualifications in Education;
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers;
- Experience working with students who have diverse learning needs and those requiring learning support in a school setting;
- Capacity to understand and implement Duty of Care and Workplace Health and Safety requirements;
- Current drivers licence;
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education.
How to Apply
Download Applicant Information Pack and submit all required documents by 5:00 pm Monday 18 June 2018.
For further information, or to apply, please visit the website - https://www.cns.catholic.edu.au/employment/current-positions/