Head of department – Maths
Closing Date: 25th February 2019 at 12pm
Start Date: September 2019
Salary: L1 – L7 (Leadership scale)
Contract type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Accountable to: Head Teacher
What we are looking for:
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic head of maths who will lead a dedicated team in providing a rich curriculum and ensuring every child reaches their full potential.
If you have a passion for making sure every pupil succeeds, care about each pupil and believe in inclusion then we would be pleased to receive your application.
Who we are:
A unique and inspirational new school where our ethos underpins all we do. We are an oversubscribed new school with all 5 year groups as of Sept. 2018 with future growth and development opportunities. At Easter 2017 we moved in to our new state of the art building which is well placed for easy commute and motorway access.
What we offer:
• The opportunity to lead on teaching and learning and other developments across the Trust
• An opportunity to lead change and develop creativity in teaching and learning
• Support from an enthusiastic Leadership Team who are passionate about serving the community and improving outcomes for all students.
• An opportunity to make a difference in a school with a strong ethos of Love, Grace and Fellowship
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to drive continuous improvement in teaching and learning within the subject area, raising standards of achievement
• Be an excellent classroom teacher who can inspire and excite students about their learning in all aspect of Maths
• Contribute to an engaging learning atmosphere within the department for both students and staff
• Be confident in using and interpreting data tracking
• Undertake a whole school remit with the direction of the Senior Team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS and Barred List Check.